The Project’s main objective is to increase the containerized export and import capacity of the Misurata
Commercial Port which is operated by Misurata Free Zone Administration by constructing New Container
Berths 17, 18 & 19 having a draft of -16.00m CD.
Scope of the Project are as follows;
- Design of New Berths 17, 18 and 19 having a length of approximately 589 m and having a draft of - 16.00m CD.
- Approximately 3.7 million cum of dredging
- Disposal of the above amount to an offshore disposal area below –40m CD to be designated by the EMPLOYER.
- Reclamation by dredged material, approximately 200,000 cubic meters.
ECAP has supplied the following services for the Project;
- Reconnaissance Survey and Inception Report
- Met-Ocean Study
- Review of available As Built Drawings, Geotechnical Reports and Bathymetric Surveys
- Numerical Modelling of Wave Agitation Study within the Port
- Numerical Modelling of Navigation within the Port
- Tender Design and
- Preparation of Tender Documents